Just World Ambassadors. Lexington
Just World Ambassadors
Have Strong Presence at
World Equestrian Games
Just World Rider Ambassadors are making their presence known at the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games taking place September 25 to October 10 in Lexington, KY. JustWorld is a not-for-profit, humanitarian organization working as a catalyst for positive change in the developing world by helping impoverished children.
A total of nine JustWorld Rider Ambassadors are representing their respective countries in the World Equestrian Games, which act as the World Championships for all equestrian disciplines, including show jumping. Held every four years, the World Equestrian Games in Lexington, KY, mark the first time that they have been staged outside Europe.
Olympic Champion Eric Lamaze of Canada is one of JustWorld’s most high profile Rider Ambassadors, as is reigning European Champion Kevin Staut of France. Other JustWorld Rider Ambassadors contesting the World Equestrian Games include Olympic Team Gold Medalist Laura Kraut of the United States, Daniel Bluman of Colombia, Federico Fernandez of Mexico, Olivier Guillon of France, and Andres Rodriguez of Venezuela. Lamaze, Staut, Guillon and Kraut all qualified for the Individual Final. In addition, Candice King of the United States and Marie Pellegrin Etter of France are both in Lexington as the traveling alternates for their respective teams.
“JustWorld is a great organization, and by competing at the World Equestrian Games, we are able to bring attention to the good work that it is doing,” said Lamaze.
As JustWorld Rider Ambassadors, these high profile athletes all make significant contributions of prize money to JustWorld International. They also help raise awareness of JustWorld activities, and inspire others to get involved. The main focus of JustWorld’s activities include fundraising for its project sites Brazil, Cambodia, Guatemala, Honduras, and Senegal.
“I am proud to see so many of our Rider Ambassadors representing JustWorld, as well as their nations, with such grace and poise during these World Equestrian Games,” said Jessica Newman, Executive Director of JustWorld International. “Outside of the Olympics, the World Equestrian Games are the most important event in our sport, and to see so many of our Ambassadors excelling in this international event is truly inspiring.”
Founded in 2003, JustWorld International raises awareness and funds in the equestrian community to support humanitarian projects that benefit impoverished communities and children in the developing world. Cooperating with local partners, JustWorld International implements sustainable, culturally sensitive education, health and vocational projects and currently has project sites in Brazil, Cambodia, Guatemala, Honduras, and Senegal. There are currently more than 350 Rider Ambassadors from 34 different countries, ranging from eight-year-old pony riders to Olympic medalists, who help bring attention to JustWorld International’s cause. For more information on JustWorld International and its upcoming project site visits and fundraising events, please visit http://www.justworldinternational.org
JustWorld International is a recognized 501(c)(3) charitable organization
in the United States and a registered Association 1901 in France.
Local branches have also been established in Mexico and Honduras.
JustWorld International has no political or religious affiliation.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- About Ian Kydd’Miller
- My Pictures
- Photo Basics
- Camera or Lenses
- 8 Reasons Why You Should Start Learning Photography
- Digital Photography Tips and Tricks – Learn the Basics
- Its YOU not the Camera
- Shoot First – then Learn
- Taking Control: Progressing from Full Auto
- The ART of Photography
- The Psychology of Composition
- Depth of Field
- Night Shots
- Flash Photography Tips
- Great things about Photography
- Do I need a SLR for Digital Photography
- A new Announced Japanese made DSLR
- Camera Controls an Introduction
- Canon G11
- Cheap 50mm Lens for Canon – Get One Cheap
- New DSLR cameras – The Best goes to those who wait?
- Nikon D3100 Preview
- The Three Golden Rules When Buying a Camera
- Camera AUTO settings
- Camera Reviews
- Memory Cards
- A sexy DSLR
- Canon 18-200 IS
- People Posing
- RAW or JPEG
- Tripod to use or not to use ?
- Using BW
- What Kind Of Photographer Do I Want To Be ??
- Who is the Daddy of Photography ??
- Exposure Compensation
- Accurate Focusing
- Street Photography
- 10 Top Travel Photography Tips
- 5 Places To Visit In Cambodia
- Beng Mealea – The Jungle Temple of Cambodia
- Cambodia – The Temples of Angkor
- Cambodia, the trip of a lifetime. Part One
- Indian Railways
- Landscape Photography
- Photo Tours – Why Travel And Tuition Go Together So Well
- Photography Travel Jobs – How to Travel and Work As a Photographer
- Safety and Comfort In Travelling
- Travel Photography Jobs – Mistakes Made by Amateurs
- Travelling Cheap
- Travelling with a camera. The essentials.
- What Benefits Can Traveling Give?
- Your Meaningful Vacation : Volunteer in Cambodia
- The Kit Bag
- Places of Interest
- 11,623 hits