- Research your trip
Researching your trip may be the most important thing you can do to try to ensure you get the pictures you want. Knowing where you want to go and how you are going to get there, what hazards you may face, what may prevent you from getting there, travel conditions, rainy season, washed out roads etc : what documents will I need, do I need vaccinations or antimalarials (what type). Are any government travel directives in place.
- Choosing the Right Lenses to take
Choosing the right lenses to take on a travel trip where weight is important can be a difficult decision. Do you take a general walk around zoom lens to cover all aspects or several primes that will give you super quality images but at the premium of being heavier.
- Buying the right camera body
- Think what other equipment you may need to take
3. Light: how to use light creatively to tell your stories, communicate your emotion and evoke emotions in others.
4. Making Photos:
- Freeze motion
- Use Motion Blur
Using motion in pictures can bring an extra dimension to the image giving it life and impact.
- Working with people – ethics, language barriers and communication
- Posing People effectively
- Environmental Portraits
- Landscapes (natural and man-made)
- Photographing Buildings and Monuments
- Interiors and Still Life Objects
Your imagination is your only limitation !!