First, research from the internet basic information about the country you are planning to visit. Know its culture and traditions, especially its taboo practices. Try looking for the current events. Is there a security alert in that area? You shold consider the political and rebel situation. Ask those who have been to these places and learn from their experiences. Aside from these views, here are some tips on traveling safely to another country:
1. Before you travel, have the necessary vaccination. Also, contact your health insurance agent regarding their international coverage in case you need to be admitted in the hospital while abroad.
2. Make sure you have at least 3 photocopies of important documents like IDs, driver’s license, passport, medical records, birth certificate, plane tickets, insurance documents, and any papers relevant to your travel. Put these in your bag or pocketbook.
3. Leave some of the necessary above documents to a friend or relative and the second copies keep it in your hotel room or safe.
4. Contact travel insurance and have their services in case of lost or stolen items while you are traveling.
5. Be sure to have copies of important family, emergency, and other contact numbers like your national embassy, family doctor, hotel, and others. Save it in your laptop, notepad, and cellular phone.
6. Choose a hotel with a transportation service, which can transport you from and to the airport.
7. When you choose a hotel room, always choose one in the middle part of the building such as one in the fourth or the seventh floor. This is farther from any possible threats. Ask information from the hotel desk for the location of fire escapes in the building.
8. Make sure that you send an email about your itenerary for the day. Doing this will make sure that someone has an info of your whereabouts.
9. When doing your tour, do not attempt to haphazardly tote your laptop or use a transparent bag with cellular phones and wallets inside visible.
10. If you see beggars abound, avoid giving them money, as others will surely crowd on you for their share. Also, there may be a local law banning the giving of alms in public.
These tips will be a great help in traveling safely to other countries. Stick to it and enjoy your stay. .